Monday 2 December 2013

My author visits this week.

I thought I'd tell you about my author visits this week.

I had a great time at The Warminster Writer's group, who made me really welcome. We had a lovely chat about all things publishing, my books and writing in general.

We also played a few writing games and I explained the difficulties and joys of writing for children, and read a couple of my stories to them.

They were a fabulous bunch, varied and talented in their own ways. I enjoyed hearing some of their work too.

 I had a good time, finishing off with a book signing of three of my physical copies including the best sellers, Hairy, Scary Spider!  Pipsy the Penguin and Football is Fantastic!


Then later on that same week I had two children's groups to visit in Bath. We had lots of fun, played loads of games about descriptive writing, ate chocolate cookies and generally had a good laugh.

We read some of my stories, dissected some of the sentences and made them brand new. We played Toady Twisters, a going on holiday game and a describe the item game. The children showed lots of enthusiasm and came up with some brilliant suggestions and went home brimming with new ideas, along with some of my stories to read. It was well worth the visit.

If an author gets a chance to visit a writing group or a class of children, I'd advise to go for it, it's a fun evening or day out and gets your name into the community a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment